Thursday, September 18, 2008

Love and Hate: Terrific Thursday Edition

For reasons I am hesitant to talk about (you never know who may be stalking me reading this blog), I have dubbed Wednesday "Wonderful Wednesday." This week, however, was NOT-so-wonderful Wednesday, and I was disturbed to such an unnatural degree that I was thrown into a sad lethargic state that lasted pretty much the entire day. TODAY, however, the universe has realigned itself, and I feel a deep desire to update my readerless blog. But about what? My life has been very small lately, mostly consisting of me creating important projects for myself, like making a long list of clothing items I need to exist or else I will die, and then ranking said clothing items in order of life-or-death importance. Out of necessity, then, I came up with a way to impart my small adventures of the day AND contain them in handy list format.

It goes a little something like this…

Love: The fact that I played the word "terrific" in Scrabble today on Terrific Thursday.

Hate: I went to Trader Joe's earlier today and they had neither my 100 calorie oatmeal chocolate chip cookies NOR Pink Lady apples, and I had very disappointing Gala apples from TJ's just last week, and I think it is obvious to all that the entire TJ's trip was just very upsetting.

Love: Due to choosing the 100 calorie cookies over the less crunchy and more delicious fattening ones, I have lost enough weight to require a trip to the tailor's to take in some of my pants. Hurrah!

Hate: Apparently, even though I am smaller than I was, I am still not that small: This morning as I tried to make myself invisible and stand inconsequentially aside as people exited the F train (a stupid mode of transportation to which I could devote an entire hate post), I was apparently BLOCKING SOME IMPORTANT GUY'S WAY, and he was so bothered by my presence that he loudly muttered "Get away!"

Love: The fact that Sarah Palin's disapproval rating is skyrocketing this week.

Hate: The fact that 40% of Americans still inexplicably approve of her.

Love: How a co-worker shamelessly watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia yesterday while munching loudly on snacks, as though he was in a movie theater and not a depressing study hall-like room that is always cold.

Hate: That no one reads my blog. I've really gotta advertise.

Love: That I don't work tomorrow, so tonight my weekend officially begins!

No comments: